Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Writer Writes

I remember talking to another aspiring writer at a book signing several months ago (sadly not one of our books) and she said something that really stuck.

"Anything worth writing is worth writing poorly."

That is an interesting theory and I can agee with it in some ways.

First, get your idea on paper, whether it be a quick jot on a napkin or a thorough outline. Get it down and flesh it out. Otherwise you might put it off until you forget it. I have a handy little notepad app on my Android phone that lets me save all the little ideas that pop into my head at any givin time (except for driving!)

Next, write the story. Unless you are a writing prodigy you will have many rewrites. Its all a part of the writing process. The more you write your story the better it will be, just don't over focus on perfection.

Any practice is good practice. So write your story poorly, just to get it down. You can always polish it up in the rewrites.

Just remember that a writer writes, always!


Love & Luck,

Stephanie Dawn Callahan

No comments:

Post a Comment