Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Walk with me...

Welcome fellow wanderers.

My name is Stephanie Dawn Callahan and I am an aspiring writer and torturer of characters.

"Torturer of characters?" you ask.

Oh yes, because nothing grabs and holds the attention than seeing just how much a character can endure, putting them to their breaking points and beyond.

For some it gives the power to face their own trials. "If Jessie can survive a kidnapping and chase through the dark woods only to fall into a pit trap and survive by drinking rain water until the hunky conservation agent Gavin rescues her; I can make it through this lunch meeting without sporking the presenter in the eye."

You become the characters, sharing their triumphs and sorrows, biting your nails in suspense and yelling at evilly masterful cliff hangers.

Books provide the ultimate escape and I can only hope that one day I can provide a little escape for your pleasure.

Love & Luck,

Stephanie Dawn Callahan

2 comments:

  1. ROFL! I love how you compare yourself to your characters to make it through an annoying meeting! LOL

    I did this with my first book, a romantic suspense with the heroine investigating a holistic diet clinic and losing weight herself. I thought "Geez, if Megan can work full time, raise two small children as a single parent AND lose weight, then so can I." It was hilarious reasoning, but it worked. I lost 10 pounds over the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. Who does that? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging:-) Love your sense of humor and ditto what Denise said! Except for the ten pounds, LOL!

    ReplyDelete